Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"Big Ugly"



Well, we did it: we bought a piano. (Well, I bought it and Shinae picked it out.) I must say that it is the ugliest piano I have ever seen! HA! It needs a bit of work as well--the legs that attach to the pedals need to be reinforced a bit better. The piano is 90 years old and has been taken apart to move and put together so many times that the screws have been stripped-out as well as the holes in the wood. I think that it is an "easy enough fix", but it should be very time consuming to take care of. Shinae says that the old wood gives it a better tone (not that I know what that means) ...and apparently the soundboard is in great condition, and it has great action. It may be ugly, but when it gets fixed up it should play beautifully. My next attempt at fixing the piano up, after I get it play-worthy, will be the aesthetic aspect: bye-bye blue! I'll try to keep you posted on how the project goes. However, I plead with you to pray for us! Please ask God to bring us students, and to give me the ability to fix the piano properly.

1 comment:

Ben said...

We think that you should keep it blue--you'll be the only person that anyone within your degree of relational separation ever knows! Keep it blue!!!!!!! OVER AND OUT!