
Yesterday, Shinae and I went fishing off of the coast of Maple Grove in Weaver Lake. It was a long and arduous fight, but after 12 hours of blood, sweat and tears we finally caught it. The elusive Great Midwestern Swordfish! It was a beauty! 1300 pounds of pure fishy-power. Later on that evening, when the reporters left, Shinae cleaned the fish and cooked me a wonderful dinner while I stuffed and mounted it on the wall (the fish, not the dinner--man, I love antecedents). We then played a reusing game of Scrabble and went to bed. Ahh, the life of a Millionaire Mogul... OK, I didn't go fishing yesterday, but Shinae did make me a wonderful Swordfish dinner, and we do also play fun games of Scrabble. I just realized that I have a very mundane life... but you know, I think that's just fine with me. Sometimes it's not about all the incredibly exciting things that happen to us that make for memorable times, but savoring the everyday experiences spent with each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment