Sundays for Shinae and I start at about 8am with a gentle chirp from one of our alarms. We hit the "snooze" button for a while and cuddle in bed until we are fully awake. We typically do everything together: we get up, brush our teeth, and try to coordinate our outfits together (don't tell Shinae I'm telling you this, because she would kill me if she knew that I said anything!) Everything is just so great until we get in the car; then the "discussion" happens: what are we going to listen to for the 45 minute drive to Hudson(?) Naturally, she wins. After service we find ourselves being blessed by mom and dad Norquist opening up their home for the afternoon to us (and their cupboards too! Becky normally makes a hearty meal that warms us up on cold afternoons) We fellowship for a few hours, and then we make the long trip back home.This last Sunday was pretty fun one. (no, not because of the Super Bowl--I didn't watch a minute of it, and I'm proud of it. Super Bowl; more like Super Junk... BLA!) Sophia came over to Gramma and Grandpa's house to play. Naomi (with the help of Anna and Shinae) cast Shophie's foot in some kind of goop that turns from purple to white. I guess it sets up to form a cast for other goop you put inside to make a little mirrored image of a baby-part... sorry if I don't know
what it exactly was. All I do know is that I got to see one of my beautiful niece's for a few hours, and she got in some good Uncle Josh time. I love Sundays. However wonderful they can be, I always remmember the family that can't be with us on these lazy Sunday afternoons. (I earnestly miss you all, and I deeply love you.) As much as I wish that they never change, I do pray that our family Sunday afternoons grow in members over the comming years.
what it exactly was. All I do know is that I got to see one of my beautiful niece's for a few hours, and she got in some good Uncle Josh time. I love Sundays. However wonderful they can be, I always remmember the family that can't be with us on these lazy Sunday afternoons. (I earnestly miss you all, and I deeply love you.) As much as I wish that they never change, I do pray that our family Sunday afternoons grow in members over the comming years.
1 comment:
Yay!! Sundays are fun! I love how relaxing they are too. We always love seeing you guys. I just wish that Jared never had to work Sundays. THose are a little harder for me.
Post a Comment