Valentines Day was awesome! Shinae and I have been trying to "hook-up" two of our old friends for years--3 to be exact! Last Thursday night they finally met! My buddy Elliot and Brian, both from NWC, and I first met in a Scripture Memory Club about 5 or 6 years ago. We were the only 3 guys that showed up so they had to stick us together. Brian and I are now married, but Elliot remained "at large.".jpg)
Shinae has a similar experience with her friend Jamie. Shinae and Jamie met at ACR Homes a number of years ago along with their other friend Mel. Mel is getting married this next Fall and that leaves Jamie the last of her kind. Shinae and I both felt that Jamie and Elliot must meet! We have vested interests in both of our friends, and we want them to find the right person God has in store for them.


We got discouraged years ago, and we pretty much gave them up for loss, because they still hadn't met. God had other plans. It wasn't a "they will never meet" it was a "they will have to wait to meet." Out of some random fluke, I asked Elliot out to a movie, and Shinae did the same with Jamie. We 1st met at the California Pizza Kitchen and it was Like at first sight! HA! We then walked over to the theater and watched Juno. Afterwards everyone came back to our place, and we played games until 3am! I found myself not wanting them to part. I felt giddy--like when Shinae and I were first dating! I was so happy that they were hitting it off so well. All that is left to do now is sit back and watch as God unfolds a beautiful story in front of our eyes. I'm going to guess that neither Jamie or Elliot will look at this blog, so I will say that I'm really praying for "you-know-what."
1 comment:
babies?;)
Post a Comment