Wednesday, February 13, 2008

"Cleanliness is Next to Godliness"


With Shinae working as much as she does, preparing for all of her lessons and driving to them, and me working two jobs and being sick this last few days, it's hard to find time to keep up with the daily chores around the house. The laundry, the never-ending dishes, the towels, the random clothing on the floor, all of this combined with no time and my overactive OCD equals disaster! I find myself weighted down at the end of the day with all the goings-ons at work and responsibilities that need to be acted upon that coming home to a messy house is makes me manic. I don't just mean the nice type of "haha" manic, but the "I-string-everything-together-in-one-word-with-no-spaces-while-shaking-and-stuttering" kind of way. This said, today I found myself especially weighted down because of the lack of accomplished tasks at work (because of my cold) and the amount of things under my perceived control. (I say "perceived" because ultimately its all in our Father's hands, and just as our bodies are not our own, and our money is not our own, our fates are not our own as well) As I unlocked the door to finally be home for the day--what did I see? Instead of dirty dishes in the sink, random coats on the floor, and remnants of our kitties' adventures throughout the day, I saw a clean home and smelled the soothing aroma of cleaning fluid. Ahhhhh... sweet embrace! And although completely alone, I stated in a loud and clear voice: "WOW!" So, I just wanted to take the time and follow what Proverbs 31 commands husbands to do, and give my wife honour and thanks for a job well done. So, thank you Shinae. The house looks wonderful, and it did not go unnoticed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Blessings to you for honoring your wife.

Happy Valentines day,

Jim