OK, we all have hectic lives in many different places, so I thought this would be a great idea: Google puts out something called "Google Apps" and it is available for free to organizations, schools and small businesses. There are a lot of cool features that we can use: 1) You get an actual e-mail address that is specific to your organization (e.g. jo
hndoe@thejohnsonfamily.com ) instead of @gmail.com. (If you already have a Gmail account you can import it as well and see both in-boxes.) 2) There is an individual start page that you can view your e-mail from as well as other things such as a 3) calender that is made public that we each can make posts to, 4) your private calendar that no one else can see, 5) local weather, 6) stocks or news items and a lot more. I would like all of you to consider a couple of things: If I can make the reques
t of you to go to one of these sites listed below and check out the overview video as well as think about adding a new e-mail address to your repertoire, that would be great! Please ask me if you have any questions. I know that adding an e-mail address can be gruel-some, but in the long run it would be a convenient way to share our lives. We can add or subtract members from the list when the family grows, and share schedules of important events and photos, links, etc. There is no cost to you to do, just the small bit of effort to e-mail out to your friends your new e-mail address. (there is the issue of buying a domain name, but I'll eat that cost--It's only $10 a year.) Thanks for taking the time to consider this, and don't forget to place a vote or let me know if this sounds cool! (I won't go ahead with anything unless there is enough support)
Overview-2 minute video: http://www.google.com/a/help/intl/en/admins/apps_video.html
hndoe@thejohnsonfamily.com ) instead of @gmail.com. (If you already have a Gmail account you can import it as well and see both in-boxes.) 2) There is an individual start page that you can view your e-mail from as well as other things such as a 3) calender that is made public that we each can make posts to, 4) your private calendar that no one else can see, 5) local weather, 6) stocks or news items and a lot more. I would like all of you to consider a couple of things: If I can make the reques
t of you to go to one of these sites listed below and check out the overview video as well as think about adding a new e-mail address to your repertoire, that would be great! Please ask me if you have any questions. I know that adding an e-mail address can be gruel-some, but in the long run it would be a convenient way to share our lives. We can add or subtract members from the list when the family grows, and share schedules of important events and photos, links, etc. There is no cost to you to do, just the small bit of effort to e-mail out to your friends your new e-mail address. (there is the issue of buying a domain name, but I'll eat that cost--It's only $10 a year.) Thanks for taking the time to consider this, and don't forget to place a vote or let me know if this sounds cool! (I won't go ahead with anything unless there is enough support)Indepth-12 minute video: https://services.google.com/apps/site/overview/index.html
Text overview with links: http://www.google.com/a/help/intl/en/users/user_features.html
No comments:
Post a Comment