Monday, July 13, 2009

The Current Dwelling of My Imagination

Well, I'm not sure if this would ever be a reality, but I WANT TO BUILD A BOAT! I don't mean some car on water (i.e. anything with an engine). I mean a REAL boat. A man's boat. A sailboat. I have been around boats all my life. Ben, you know downtown Annapolis? City dock? Well, my grandparents had a place near there, and we would go sailing all the time in the summers. (If memory serves me correctly, I think the boat we took out was a 62' single mast-mono-hull cruiser).
I've been thinking, and thinking, and thinking about it for the past week or so. Every night when I get home I look online and read up on manufacturing boats at home (cost, time, resources, uses, etc). So, forgive me, but I may have to post a few ideas/pictures/thoughts manifested in the next few posts. If your'e not too familiar with sailing (Lord knows I need to brush-up--Its been about 12 years since I have been on a real sailboat), then you might dig some of my posts. This is a model of my first inclination of what I'd like to build (mainly because of stability, ease of use, construction time, simplicity & its ability to be "beached" and towed):


Click HERE to see the full description.
Eventually, I'd like to get to a point that THIS is what I'd like to spend my retirement in (IF Shinae would have it--not likely).

No comments: