Monday, January 28, 2008

Shinae is Pacified...for Now

Well, it looks as if this is my first real Blog post (not just some old papers and journal entries that I had on the hard-drive). Both Shinae and I are doing well. Our jobs have been both a bit of a strain and rewarding at the same time.

I received news last week that I have been selected to enter into the FS program at US Bank (FS: Financial Specialist) This means that in the next six to seven months, the bank will be sending me to classes/testing for a series six licence--and paying for all of it! Then I will be able to add Fixed Annuities and Mutual Funds to my repetouir of available products. This is a very nice gesture from US Bank, because they currently do not have anyone in the FS program from the West District (mine) at all. This is a transitional position--not because it's not a good one, but because people who are FS's often go on to "bigger and better things"--between a non-licenced banker and a Financial Consultant (those with a series seven licence: they can broker ANY product) It's a hard position to even be entered into, and it's a difficult thing to pass all of the tests. Needless to say, I'll need the support of my beautiful wife and loving family members behind me.

Shinae has almost forty students(Yikes!), but she is loving every minute of it. She drives and drives and drives and drives... I am so very impressed with how much responsibility she takes on and all of the things she gets accomplished. I look forward to owning a home so she can teach twice as many students and travel less. Currently, she has to stay in contact with so many people (co-workers, students, parents, and me) that she gets a bit bogged down with calling, e-mails and texting. So I, as the wonderful husband to her rescue, decided that Valentines Day would come early this year, and I bought her a Blackberry. Oh yes, with all the junk: e-mail, games, daily planners, internet, talky-talk-mctalkersons. You know: the works. So, she is pacified... for now.


Love you all. Hope you are doing well. By-the-way, in the future I'll have questions and polls to the left for fun--You should take 2 seconds and answer them!