Well, that just about does it; bitterness creeps its way in. I'm really trying to be positive and thankful for everything that I have, and I do realize that God is in control of each and every situation--no matter how small. However, today I think I've come to a bit of a turning point. To better understand, let me give you a brief re-cap of the last few months at work...
November: I start my new position in management after taking a $4,500/year pay-cut. (Admittedly, this I cannot "pass the buck" to someone else--I chose this) I came on board of a branch that has been struggling to hit numbers and perform to the standards that it could be--this I knew and was proud to come in as "the turn-around kid" in order to make a name for myself. However, from here on out everything else was a total surprise to me.
During my "offer interview" (a week before my start date) I was informed that the manager I had thought that I was working with was going to a different company--I accepted the offer none-the-less (what a dumb-ass I am!) On my 1st day I had a teller walk off the job--now we are 2 tellers shy instead of one. I also came prepared to be introduced to the rest of my banker staff assuming that I will see a memorable face of one who has been at several Top Banker Award luncheons and events with me, but she got promoted out of the retail banking sector the Friday before my arrival--now I'm down to one banker (fresh out of banker school might I add). A month goes by, and we are now equipped with a new Branch Manager--thank God. I still have yet to attend ANY training for my position. A few weeks later I attend a meeting in which I am told that all of our Operations Specialists (they make sure all the "i"s are dotted and "t"s are crossed) are going to be dissolved. However, no fear: those branches that have enough FTE hours will get a secondary CSM position specifically devoted to operations--I was informed that my branch would not; my workload doubled. We hire a new banker (emphasis on new) to fill the void of the banker that got promoted. I have to fire the existing banker because of a "hard loss" of over $10,000 that he was responsible for. Minus a banker, plus a banker, minus a banker.
All of this I can shrug off and say, "hey, its apart of the job. No pain, no gain. I'm making a name for myself. etc" However, today I got some news that put it right over the top: Every exempt employee in Retail Banking would be receiving a pay-cut. Yeah, a pay-cut. The idea of going through all of that might be just enough to handle, but you add on the fact that Shinae's students have been dwindling (a HUGE cut in pay for her) and my cut in pay coupled with a child on the way and my car out of commission--well... I think you can see why I'm so pissed-off. I don't want to be, but bitterness has really crept into my heart. I guess that 334 MILLION DOLLARS IN PROFIT for 2008 wasn't good enough for our shareholders.
Please keep Shinae and myself in your prayers while we restructure our lives to fit where God would see fit to have us. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help any of you that are hurting as well... Blessings...
No comments:
Post a Comment