The DOW Jones hits a 12 year low today, our country is now--in my mind--socialist, this is the first day of working on my reduced income, the Audi still doesn't run, Shinae losses more students as the days go by, our expenses are about to drastically rise when our child is born, and I have to cash out the rest of my 401(k) in order to make it through the next few months. People say (not that I think its quite this bad) that America hasn't suffered this much since the Great Depression. You know, I should be sad all the time, right? Shouldn't I come home down-trodden? Shouldn't I cry myself to sleep every night? Shouldn't I be cursing God's name and daydreaming of jumping of bridges? NO? Well, I think you're right. I'm pretty damn happy. I love my life. I am very frustrated with the way things are going, sure, but I don't think that it's that bad. Just think of it like this: If life is this good now during all this crap, then think about how much better it will be when the economy turns itself around! (I think that if we all stick to our guns and insist on a Free-Market it will stay free) ...and if the economy doesn't turn itself around? Well, who cares--Life is great! God is glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him, right? (Thanks, Dr. Piper for that one) I urge you to be satisfied in God! Work for freedom, work for independence, work for a free market, work for a fair wage, work for what you know to be true--but above all else: work for satisfaction in Christ! Strive to be satisfied in Him! Thirst for His healing, His love, His joy and His comfort. This, my friends, should be our focus. KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE!
No comments:
Post a Comment