I'm gong to be a DADDY!!! I'm so pumped about that--you just can't imagine! Every night I have read aloud to the baby from Psalms, and I try to make sure I am praying out-loud as well--It has been very cathartic: Shinae isn't all the way through her first trimester, so it is a very dangerous time for the baby. I think about it every day, but the only solace I have is in prayer. I need to constantly remind myself that God is in control, and He has spoke my child's name before the creation of the earth; He has ordained all the years (or weeks) of Wee-One's life; He has been orchestrating our child's conception for years, and His hand is all over him/her. I am so thankful for the few days that I have had (so far) being a dad--even though Wee-One is still being knit together and isn't yet complete. I would ask all of you, my beloved family and friends, to join with Shinae and me in prayer over our unborn. We ask that God is generous with his mercy and grace to allow flawed people like Shinae and myself to become parents. Pray for a solid foundation in Wee-One's physical structure and a hearty environment in which to grow. I will continue to trust that God will see our child through this dangerous time, and I will continue to sing God's praise to Wee-One, so the day that he/she is finally ready to visit the world he/she will have a solid body with which to grow and a some un-explainable love for Jesus seated deep within his/her heart.
(I strongly believe that children can not only hear while in the womb, but also apprehend basic ideas and concepts. What do I base this belief on?: Luke 1:41 "When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit." NIV [speaking of John the Baptist in the womb hearing Mary speak of her pregnancy with Jesus]).
2 comments:
I'm thinking you meant to say comprehend
No, I meant apprehend. I think that to comprehend something is to have a comprehensive knowledge of that thing, while apprehension is a form of grasping a basic concept, but not being able to fully get your mind around it. (i.e. No human mind can comprehend God, but we do have the ability to apprehend Him.) If I would have never have taken any of my philosophy courses I would probably have said comprehend--as a matter of fact I did, but then I re-typed it--However, there was some part of me that just NEEDED to be precise in the terminology that I used, lest it be misinterpreted. But, hey, I know that you know that I know what you meant by what I meant, right? ;)
Post a Comment